A Flomaton High School News Publication

The Storm

• First Day of School Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Update on Russian Plane Crash

Patricia Eanes, Reporter

Update on Russian Plane Crash

1 month ago, on October 31st, Russians underwent a tragic mystery. A Russian Plane flew from Sharm el-Sheikh making their way to St. Petersburg. The plane exploded in midair mysteriously with no real known explanation. Investigation has been in progress since the date at which the accident took place. Throughout the investigation several instances have occurred that have left detectives and special officers in question.

While looking through the debris of the passenger airplane, investigators discovered, “traces of foreign explosives,” says FSB chief Alexander Bortnikov to Russian President Vladimir Putin. Russian enforcements are led to believe that a bomb was planted on the plane by a despised country looking to seek protection for their own goods. To be specific, it is said that Turkey is under the watchful eye of Russia because Turkey may have planted the bomb on the plane to protect their own oil trade with ISIS.

Turkey is claiming their innocence as Russia continues to investigate the plane crash and Turkey. Recep Tayyip Erdogan, Turkey President, says he will resign from his presidency if Moscow can prove that Turkey shot down the plane.  To this day, there is still a dispute about the topic of the plane crash and Russia is determined to get to the bottom of it.

A Flomaton High School News Publication
Update on Russian Plane Crash