The Storm

2019-2020 Varsity Cheer Team

Back to Article
Back to Article

2019-2020 Varsity Cheer Team

FHS Varsity Cheerleaders 2019-2020

FHS Varsity Cheerleaders 2019-2020

FHS Varsity Cheerleaders 2019-2020

FHS Varsity Cheerleaders 2019-2020

Chelsea Black, Editor

135 Views

On Saturday, February 16, 2019, twenty-seven girls tried for the Flomaton Varsity Cheer squad. There were fifteen girls that made the cut, including three seniors, six juniors, three sophomores, and three freshmen. This is a huge difference from the most recent squad, that had nine seniors, one junior, and four sophomores! The captain of the squad is Helene Brown, and the Co-Captain is Karli Alaniz. The other girls on the squad include Braylee Alverson, Adelyn Bethea, Charley Boutwell, Ashley Bradley, Skylar Crawford, Natalie Creamer, Aniyah Kyles, Ansley Lasala, Alexis Lee, Ma’Tiayia Odom, Destinee Rolin, Victoria White, and Elizabeth Young.
The girls will start practicing Tuesday, February 26, after school. They will travel to Satsuma High School on April 6th for a stunt camp, and they will begin preparing for the Spring Game in May. After school lets out for the summer, the girls will attend a four-day UCA Cheer Camp to learn new dances and cheers for the upcoming football season. Throughout the summer the ladies will practice, workout, and condition themselves to be able to withstand the summer heat and work on their endurance for football season.
It’s going to be a great year for the Varsity Cheerleaders! We congratulate you all, and wish you luck on your upcoming cheer season!