The Storm

A Father’s Love?

Paige Findley, Lifestyles Reporter

Many of you have heard of the South Carolina man that was accused of killing his five children. Timothy Ray Jones Jr. of Lexington County was arrested in Mississippi for other charges, but he then confessed to the killing of his children. The police have interviewed Jones for the second time and were asking him where his children were and he kept telling them that “the kids had been taken care of and there’s not a problem”.  The police knew that was right because they would have shown up by now. He later took the police to the bodies which were located on a dirt road off Alabama Highway 10. The Lexington county Sheriff, Lewis McCarthy, later said that no motive has been released, but was believed that the children were killed at the same time.

They also believed that Jones was under the influence at the time of the murders. They searched his vehicle and found chemicals to make meth, synthetic marijuana, what appeared to be bleach, muriatic acid, blood and possibly body fluids. McCarthy later stated that the case was unprecedented in his three plus decades in law enforcement.  He also said that anyone who dealt with this case was impacted. Jones is said to be charged with five counts of murder.

About the Writer
Paige Findley, Lifestyles Reporter

Paige Findley is currently a senior at FHS and is our Reporter.

To contact Paige, send an e-mail to [email protected]