A Flomaton High School News Publication

The Storm

• First Day of School Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Molino Outreach

Madison Buffington, Community News Reporter

The Molino community is reaching out to help a local non-profit that suffered a theft sometime Saturday afternoon.

The Molino Outreach Thrift Store, located in a former grocery store on Highway 29, is operated by Pastor Jason Lee, along with his family and numerous volunteers. It’s a different sort of thrift store, one where the bottom line is not nearly as important as helping others.

Over the past few weeks, every piece of clothing in the store has been priced at just 99¢ — not to make a profit but to be a blessing to those that shop there, according to Lee’s postings on the store’s Facebook page.  Recently, the store has added new furniture and appliances to their offerings, at substantial savings off regular prices, once again as a blessing to those in the community that support the store. It allows many people the chance to purchase items that they might not otherwise be able to afford, while providing a minimal income to keep the ministry moving forward. Much of the Molino Outreach Thrift Store’s marketing is limited to word of mouth, promotion by local churches and Facebook.

Saturday afternoon, shortly after the store posted that it is need of paper towels and toilet paper, someone walked out with Lee’s notebook computer. The laptop was not only used to post about the store’s specials and the ministry to Facebook, but it also contained off of their photos used to sell special order furniture on a daily basis.

“Please pray for the person who took it and pray that they will bring it back,” was posted on the store’s Facebook page using  another person’s laptop.

Local resident Josh Tucker has created a “gofundme” site to raise funds to purchase another laptop to the ministry and store. Anything donated in excess of the goal amount will be used toward continuing the ministry of the Molino Outreach Thrift Store.

A Flomaton High School News Publication
Molino Outreach