2013 Miss Hurricane Pageant

Audra Tatum, Community News Editor

This past Thursday night, 14 of Flomaton High School’s finest “ladies” showed off their talents for a good cause. The brave group of young men competed for the title of  2013 Miss Hurricane, a woman-less beauty pageant.

The pageant was hosted by the 2012 Miss FHS, Olivia Singleton. It was sponsored by Jacqi Hammond and Jerry Aaron.

The contestants who participated were: Clayina Turner, Casity Thompson, Christina Danielle Chavers, Juliette Edwards, Caroline Harrison, Shaquesha Hendrick, Danielle Condrey, Delicious Debbie, Rhianna Too-Cute Dixon, Codina Beautiful-Beth Nolan, Claudella Cordell, Brandalyn Denney, Shelby Red-Velvet Carter and Shayna Garner.

The “ladies” started the night off by performing a physical fitness routine choreograhped by Singleton.  The “ladies” then showed off their talents for the crowd.  The talents were composed of singing, dancing, twirling and Spice Girl renditions.

After the talent portion, the “ladies” put on their best evening wear for poise and appearance. During the poise and appearance, the contestants were asked an on-stage question where they had to answer to the best of their abilities.

Entertainment was provided by Kate Smith, the Talent winner of Miss FHS; Khayla Head, Deston Taylor and Mr. FHS 2012, Blake Presley.

The winners of the 2013 Miss Hurricane pageant were: Talent Winner, Shayna Garner; 2nd Runner Up, Julliete Edwards; 1st Runner Up, Delicious Debbie; and Claudella Cordell was crowned 2013 Miss Hurricane.

In addition to the awards, the crowd got the chance to vote on their favorite contestant. The Crowd Favorite winner was Brandalyn Denney.

The proceeds from the pageant benefitted Ovarian cancer research.